Singapore, i love you! SG 50, Our Golden Jubilee!

/
1 Comments


Happy national day to all the Singaporean out there! 9 august 2015, we singaporean celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday! It is singapore 50 years of independence. Times flies... Do you know that Singapore used to be part of Malaysia? If you are a foreigner, you may not know... Yup, indeed Singapore is part of Malaysia on 16 September 1963 following a merger with Malaya, North Borneo, and Sarawak. The merger was thought to benefit the economy and to improve Singapore's internal security. After that, due to conflict between Malaysia and Singapore, Malaysia decided to force Singapore out of Malaya. Thanks to our well respected mr harry lee kuan yew (our singapore 1st and also the long-term prime minister from 1959 to 1990) who dare to believe and ensure singaporean that singapore will survive. Indeed, he did it and even making it bigger, stronger and better! Without mr lee and the other forefathers (David Marshall, Devan Nair, Eddie Barker, Goh Keng Swee, Lim Kim San, Ong Pang Boon, Othman Wok, S. Rajaratnam, Toh Chin Chye), there won't be Sg5o today! 



Being born and raise in Singapore, i am very proud to be an 100% authentic Singaporean! There is lots of happy memories being in Singapore during my 25 years! Although we may speak singlish and are "kaisu" (fear of losing) or "kaisi" (the attitude of being overly afraid or timid), and always love using tissue to "chope" tables and seats at coffee shop or food court. This make us unique as a
singaporean in our little red dot. We may be very small and was not notice by much people at first in the early years but now we grow from a 3rd world nation to a 1st world city today! I am very proud of that.

I grew old together with my country and home, Singapore through this 25 years...

See how much I have grow...


She is my everything, I miss my grandma so much!!!!! :(


My parents and me... See how young they look, omg~ Time really flies...

My lovable baby bro and me...


Together we singaporean celebrate as one for sg50! Enjoy the video I made while celebrate sg50 at marina :) HAPPY SG50 MY LOVE, SINGAPORE! I ♥  YOU!


 


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics & interesting stories. Would love to see more posts again.

    ReplyDelete

Yumiko Tan Your Blogger Princess. All Rights Reserved 2015. Powered by Blogger.

Yumiko on Instagram