Day 2 : I Am A First Time Traveller

/
0 Comments
DAY 2 : PLACES OF INTEREST IN BANGKOK, THAILAND

Had breakfast buffet at our hotel before heading off for the interesting day ahead of me!

Bee hoon Soup


Ham, sausages, potato, scramble eggs, bread and butter!  Nice combination that i pick up from what they have :)

 Delicious and bloated breakfast! Not bad!

Let's take a tour around Bangkok! \(^-^)/

CANAL BOAT RIDE
Time to take a canal boat ride. Colourful decorated boat! I like the feeling when the strong wind blow aggressively on me... Feeling like i am a bird "flying" in the sky!!!


I love this pink water sport suit! There is a choice between an orange and a pink one and i purposely choose the pink one coz it's pink! How can i resist pink, my favourite colour ever!
All the beautiful scenery, small temples and some houses that passes by right in front of our eyes:
Temples are found everywhere along our canal boat journey! They truly respect their god a lot!

This auntie roll her boat towards ours and try to sell her products...

I bought a can of cola from her and in the end, "Mr Busy" bought this... An elephant statue! I was like =.=''' and ask him why did he even buy that! Although, i admit it look cute but for me i won't get that coz it will turn into a "statue of spider web" in the end. If i ever buy it, i will just place it at one corner of my desk and collect dust!!!

I can't believe that most of the people here actually live on "sea" and i even realise that there are also shop houses, canteen, art workshop and even barber shop along this long stretch of the journey! Those who are poor, they live in houses made up of wooden bamboo sticks... There are better looking houses... Perhaps the nicer looking ones are for richer people? I can't believe if it was me living in such a condition, what life will be like? There is no shopping malls, no nice dresses for me, all i can do is staying at home and to the market to get some food to fix my lunch and dinner everyday. Water supply is being cut down most of the time and if there is flooding, it will wash my house away and i won't have a roof to shelter myself anymore... I feel that i am so blessed being born in Singapore and being a Singaporean! Although our standard of living is high but at least we have hdb, condo, semi detach, bungalow that is like so blessed! We must be glad that we are really fortunate!

See... This is what i saw! An art workshop!
It is awesome to see an art gallery workshop here! It's kind of unique! Wonder if people will come here and even purchase some of their art work? Will they even earn $ opening an art gallery workshop at such a location?



Wat Pho Bangkok Reclining Buddha Temple
It's seem like we are wearing a robe! But it is not a Robe, trust me! As long as your dress is above knee caps or if you are wearing a pair of shorts then you got to wear their so called "Robe" into the temple. It's a kind of paying your respect to the gods! I never wear a robe before, kind of looking cool on me! (Hmm... slouching makes me look so short in this pic, why oh why)



 
The reclining huge laying buddha statue, the largest in Thailand with 43 meters long and 15 meters high, made out of gold is one of the icons of the city and Wat Pho Temple is also the oldest Temple in Bangkok. The Buddha holds his head with an arm, the legs are together and the eyes of the statue of Buddha as well as the soles of the feet, are made of mother of Pearl. Can you imagine how much capital is invested into this huge Buddha statue! I can't even afford the $!
 

Buddha is having a nice time relaxing himself :D
Omg! The buddha foot is so huge! If i were to compare one single toe in length to my height, i guess i will still be shorter!

The feet of the Buddha, 3 meters high and 4.5 meters wide, have recorded 108 distinct ways in which may represent Buddha, from a flower, to an elephant dancers and tigers.
This is the only angle where i can completely capture the full view of the Buddha statue. There is no other way you can get a full view of it!!! Trust me! Tried and tested by self-proclaimed professional camera lady, me!
God of Guard

Another god of guard!
This is the really huge version of the god of guard! Why are all the gods statues all so huge!!
 

 Temple Structure
I love the architecture of  Wat Pho! It is magnificent! They are varied in different styles and designs. COOL! I love that!


 

I love the architecture of  Wat Pho! It is magnificent! They are varied in different styles and designs. COOL! I love that!

 Is this how yoga comes from?
Athough all the gods statues look the same but after a closer look at them, i realise that each of them actually have a different facial features!
Dong Dong Dong!!!!

Knee down is a form of showing respect towards buddha...

I am praying with respect...


DUSIT ZOO
Time to go and visit some adorable animals! Dusit zoo here we comes!

I was shocked when i saw a huge crow! Can u believe it! It is 2x size of our singapore crows!

 It's time to feed some hungry baby goats!!!! They just look like little babies sucking milk from the bottle i am holding on to!

I can bravely and stupidly admit that throughout my entire whole life till today, this is my ever first time i saw a real cow that is black-white in colour! All the cows found in our Singapore Zoo are all brown in colour? I have never seen one that in black-white before!
I realised all the animals in this zoo is 2x bigger size than Sg! WTH! I think our Singapore animals suffer from malnutrition!!! 



Two lovely Lovers! The male actually kiss the female giraffe on her neck... Does this mean he is in love with her? I am not a giraffe so i don't know what they are thinking but from their action, it seem like what i think is right!
 They are all so lazy... It's sleeping time, Tiger and Leopard!
After a tiring day out, took a TU-TU back to the food street nearby our hotel for our early dinner :)

Have Pad Thai for our dinner and spend some time shopping around the street nearby my hotel... and you know what i saw! I was like "OMG"! I miss u so much, A & W! I no longer see you in singapore and i found u at bangkok! I can't resist the famous onion rings and the root beer float and i got it! Yummy! (^-^) 
 To be continue~ "Day 3: I am a First Time Traveller" post!



You may also like

No comments:

Yumiko Tan Your Blogger Princess. All Rights Reserved 2015. Powered by Blogger.

Yumiko on Instagram